Samsung Galaxy S II [ S2] is one of the hottest dual core Android phones available in the Market. Although the phone has what it takes to be called the “best” phone around, but with no LED notification light, it seems to be a bit awkward to Androiders. But as we all know that where there is a will, there’s a way; BLN hack can be the perfect LED light replacement. BLN stands for BackLight Notification and allows the back and menu onscreen icons to light up whenever there is a new notification such as Text Message, Email or missed Call.
Here is how you can get BLN on your Samsung Galaxy S II :
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Please note that although BLN is compatible with ROM based on 2.3.3 and 2.3.4, but still it won’t work on CyanogenMOD due to kernel incompatibility reasons. Flashing BLN will also change your kernel to the latest Ninphetamine kernel.
- The first step is to make sure that you have a rooted Galaxy S II, running a custom ROM with ClockWorkMod Recovery installed.
- Now download the CWM flashable BLN package for SGS II from here on your PC.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card / SD Ext and copy the downloaded file to SD Card / SD Ext root.
- After this, reboot your phone into recovery and flash the copied Zip file using Install Zip From SD Card option.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot back to system.
- Now launch Market on your phone and download BLN app. There are two versions of this app with the free one allowing restricted application notification. The paid version allows Missed Call notification and you can also toggle BLN during night, blinking and other goodies. It is important to understand that BLN, both free and paid, won’t work for stock SMS notifications and you will need 3rd party apps like Go SMS etc. for this to work.
- Now launch BLN on your phone after installation is complete from Market and tap on enable to get it working.
In case you are facing any issues with this app, please head to the official XDA thread for support and feedback.