HTC Aria may not be the hottest Android phone out there today owing to its age, but there is a good chance that while people may have moved onto more powerful phones, somewhere in the drawer, or in the less tech savvy wife’s purse, an HTC Aria sits, awaiting freedom. So if you have one lying around and it is completely stock, get it a bit customized to at least give it a chance to perform at its true potential. The first step would be to gain S-Off, and what better way to do it, then through a one click solution. Enter Revolutionary, the S-Off tool from the developers of Unrevoked and AlphaRevX. With this tool, you would have S-Off on your device in no time.
The tool will also install ClockworkMod recovery on the device to allow easy installation of ROMs or other unsigned zip packages. Furthermore, the tool is only applicable for Arias running the 1.02.0000 HBOOT version. Here’s how to go about this now.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- HTC Fastboot drivers.
- Make sure HTC Sync is uninstalled.
- To begin, head over to the Revolutionary portal and download the tool for Windows.
- The download will commence and a form with varying fields will open. Do NOT close the page and wait for the download to complete.
- Meanwhile, connect the phone to the computer via USB and make sure USB Debugging is enabled. (Settings > Application > Development).
- Once downloaded, extract the contents and and run Revolutionary.exe.
- You will now see a serial number. Copy that and paste it into the field named Serial number in the webpage that was opened.
- Once the fields are completely entered hit the Generate button to be given a key.
- Copy that key and paste it at the relevant position in the terminal window.
- Let the tool do its thing, so wait patiently as your phone gains S-Off.
That’s it, your device should now have S-Off enabled.