Earlier we brought you a few guides on rooting the Galaxy Note, but none were as simple as what we’ve just received. Yes, since One Click roots are all the hype nowadays, the Galaxy Note has finally received it’s first One Click rooting script thanks to XDA-Developers forum member dr.ketan for packing up the script and of course DooMLoRd, for his invaluable zergRush exploit. The script has been aptly titled Easy Rooting Toolkit and is meant for use on Windows for now, although we’re sure Linux and Mac will follow up soon enough.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, download the rooting toolkit and extract it on your PC.
- Now make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. (Settings > Applications > Development.)
- Also, make sure to check Unknown Sources in Settings > Applications.
- Connect the Galaxy Note to the PC via USB cable and set to to Charge Only mode.
- Open the rooting toolkit folder and run runme.bat to begin the rooting process.
There onwards, simply follow the on screen instructions and prompts to gain root access on your Galaxy Note. This simple! For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.