We have confirmation of the Galaxy Ace receiving the XXKPH Android 2.3.4 based firmware. What’s even better is that the root method for the Ace on Gingerbread works for this firmware as well. Read on for more on how you can install this firmware on your Galaxy Ace.
The installation procedure is like for any other Samsung device, via ODIN. However, this method is the safest and actually much easier then it seems. So let’s move onto the installation.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.
- S5830XXKPH – Android 2.3.4.
- Samsung USB drivers installed. Download USB drivers for 32 bit Windows | 64 bit Windows.
- To begin, download the firmware from the link above and extract it.
- Put your phone into download mode.
- Run ODIN as found in the extracted folder and click on select OPS choosing Cooper_v1.0.ops.
- Click on Boot and select the file starting with the name APBOOT.
- Click on Phone and select the file starting with the name Modem.
- Click on PDA and select the file CODE_S5830XXKPH_CL260130_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5.
- Click on CSC and select the file starting with the name CSC.
- That done, connect your phone to via the USB cable and once ODIN shows the device is connected, hit the Start button.
Wait for the firmware to be flashed. Once done, the phone will reboot and you should boot into Android 2.3.4.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.