View in galleryEarlier we covered a post on gaining S-Off on the HTC Droid Incredible 2 but that was for devices running Android 2.2 Froyo, and rendered the tool useless for those who updated to the official OTA update to Gingerbread. So as of right now, Revolutionary has been updated to version 0.4 with support for Incredible 2 running Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, and as for those on Froyo with S-On, Revolutionary no longer supports Froyo on your handsets, so you will have to move to Gingerbread in order to use the tool.
Those who are unaware of what this tool is and where it came from, the tool is a One Click solution to gaining S-Off on most HTC Devices, and is joint effort by the developers of Unrevoked and AlphaRevX. What’s more is that the tool also installs ClockworkMod recovery on your device at the end of it all. Sounds sweet no? So here’s how you can go about using this tool.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- HTC Fastboot drivers.
- Make sure HTC Sync is uninstalled.
- To begin, head over to the Revolutionary portal and download the tool for Windows.
- The download will commence and a form with varying fields will open. Do NOT close the page and wait for the download to complete.
- Meanwhile, connect the phone to the computer via USB and make sure USB Debugging is enabled. (Settings > Application > Development).
- Once downloaded, extract the contents and and run Revolutionary.exe.
- You will now see a serial number. Copy that and paste it into the field named Serial number in the webpage that was opened.
- Once the fields are completely entered hit the Generate button to be given a key.
- Copy that key and paste it at the relevant position in the terminal window.
- Let the tool do its thing, so wait patiently as your phone gains S-Off.
That’s it! If you do this right, you should have gained S-Off on your device in no time and also get ClockworkMod recovery on your phone when the tool prompts you to install it.