There is some good news for iPod Touch 2G and 3G owners as there is a method now available through which they can downgrade their devices from iOS 4.1 to 3.1.3 even if they didn’t save SHSH. All credit goes to YouTube video up-loader, Steven178p, who uploaded a video tutorial on downgrading iPod Touch 2G and 3G to form iOS 4.1 to iOS 3.1.3 by using Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2.
According to Steven:
…I tested it on the iPod 2g and 3g. It should work on every iDevice except the iPod touch 4g and iPhone 4 and iPad…
Here is the step by step guide on downgrading your iPod Touch 2G, 3G to iOS 3.1.3 from iOS 4.1 without the blobs saved.
- Sn0wbreeze Version 2.0.2
- iOS 3.1.3 Original IPSW Firmware File
Please note that this method is only intended for iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G MB Model. It will not work for iPod Touch 2G MC Model or any other iOS devices.
How To Downgrade iPod Touch 2G, 3G to iOS 3.1.3 From iOS 4.1 Without Saved SHSH Blobs
- The first step is to download all the mentioned pre-requistes and save them on your desktop.
- Once this is done., execute Sn0wbreeze and accept the disclaimer to get to Mode selection screen.
- Click on Expert Mode followed by Next.
- Once you are at Browse IPSW screen, click on Browse and point it towards iOS 3.1.3 file you just downloaded to your desktop.
- Now wait for Sn0wbreeze to process the IPSW. After the processing ends, click I Understand to proceed to next step.
- Once you are on the Option Screen, leave every thing as it is.
- Now click on Next and select Cydia.
- Press Next and you will land on Build IPSW page. Click on Build IPSW and wait for the operation to finish. [This will take a while, so hang in there].
- Now launch iTunes and follow onscreen Sn0wbreeze instructions to put your phone in DFU mode.
- Now restore your phone to custom OS 3.1.3 IPSW that you just cooked using sn0wbreeze through iTunes.
There you have it! You have now successfully downgraded your iPod Touch 2G / 3G to iOS 3.1.3 from iOS 4.1 without any SHSH Blobs.
Here is the video tutorial that we talked about earlier in the post:
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on experience before trying your hands on this one. AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device following this process.