We have confirmation that the HTC EVO 3D [GSM] has received its first custom ROM that is based on the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread ROM. The ROM named Virtuous Shooter has been developed by the Virtuous Dev team (Diamondback, Flemmard, seo, rmk, chrisch1974, eViL_Dee and mdj) who have brought us quite some wonderful ROMs for HTC Android devices in the past.
The ROM sports a stock HTC kernel (184.108.40.206) along with a few other features. Screenshots are not available right now from the developer but will be made available soon.
- Improved EXT4 performance.
- Wi-Fi Calling support (for T-Mobile users).
- Improved animation performance.
- Slate3D Theme by CypiS included.
- Panorama support.
- Busybox / Superuser.
- Maps 5.8.
- ES File Explorer.
- Titanium Backup…and more.
Teeter, Adobe Reader and some other HTC bloatware has been removed. So if you wish to give this ROM a try on your device, here’s how to go about it.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An EVO 3D with S-Off, permanent root and ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the EVO 3D and rooting it.
- Virtuous Shooter ROM.
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once copied, reboot the device into recovery.
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and then wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to the SD card.
- This will begin the flashing process so sit back and let the ROM install.
- Once the installation finishes, reboot the device.
Voila! All done, your phone should now boot into the new ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.