After the super release of Revolutionary, the easiest way to S-OFF on select HTC devices, users are now aiming at making their phones / tabs really smart. For those who don’t know, Revolutionary is a joint effort of teams behind Unrevoked and AlphaRev and is available free of charge to unlock any compatible HTC device with locked bootloader. For those of you familiar with AlphaRevX, this utility acts more or less the same way. The developer preview release of Revolutionary, along with other devices, unlocks the bootloader and gains S-OFF on HTC EVO 3D as well.
Here is the step by step guide to gain S – OFF on HTC EVO 3D with Revolutionary utility:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The firsts step is to head to Revolutionary website and read through all the documentation provided.
- Now scroll down and click on Download for Windows.
- Revolutionary utility zip archive will start downloading while a box with Beta Key headline will appear on the site.
- In the Beta Key box you will see options like Operating System, Your Device, HBOOT Version and Serial number fields. Make the selections according to your phone’s specs and leave the webpage open.
- Once the Revolutionary download is complete, extract the zip file contents to a location on your PC of your choice. Make sure that all files are in the same folder.
- Now download HTC Fastboot drivers from here and install them on your PC.
- After this, connect your phone to the computer, make sure USB debugging is on and remove any traces of HTC Sync from your computer.
- Now double click to execute Revolutionary on your computer.
- You should be able to see a terminal window that will be in process of identifying serial key of your device.
- Once the serial key is displayed, copy and paste it in the Serial field on the form at Revolutionary.io.
- Now click on Generate Key and paste this key at the relevant position in terminal. Better type it out to avoid errors or confusions.
- Now sit back and relax while your phone gains S – OF and an unlocked rewritable NAND.
- After the process is complete, you will also have a custom Recovery installed on your phone. Flash the zip file posted here to perma root your phone.
- We believe that this should do the job for you. In case you have problems and want so LIVE support, please head to official IRC support channel here.