After surfacing of Revolutionary, the easiest unlock till date for some HTC devices, the owners of these devices are filled with joy. Revolutionary also sets S-OFF on Flyer –flagship Android tab from HTC – which allows users to gain permanent root privileges along with a custom recovery. You just need to check HBoot version of HTC Flyer, which must be 1.10.0000, and you are ready to S-OFF.
Here are the step by step instructions to gain S – OFF on HTC Flyer with Revolutionary:
- The first step is to download these HTC fastboot drivers and install them on your PC.
- Now uninstall HTC Sync from your computer.
- Once done, connect your tab to the computer, enable USB debugging. You can enable USB debugging by launching Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB Debugging.
- After this head to the Revolutionary.IO portal, read through the documentation, and click on “Download For Windows”.
- The download will start immediately and a form with different fields will open.
- Do not close the webpage and wait for the download to complete.
- After the download is complete, extract the archive and double click on Revolutionary.exe.
- Now you will get a serial number which needs to be entered in the web form along with other device specs required. You will then be given a beta key which you need to copy.
- Now paste the beta key in Revolutionary console window and follow onscreen instructions to unlock bootloader.
- In the end you will see the message “SUCCESS – Life gave us lemons, we didn’t make lemonade!”.
And there you go! You now have your HTC Flyer liberated with S-OFF! Now you are free to root, flash custom ROMs, play with recoveries etc. Enjoy!