Asus Eee Pad Transformer Android tab has managed to get a massive fan base in couple of months following the initial release. Although the tablet comes jam packed with various features and boasts of Android 3.x Honeycomb on board, but there are still certain glitches and tiny issues that need to be addressed. If you’ve ever tried playing YouTube or Flash videos in Honeycomb browser on your Eee Pad, you must have noticed a certain lag and video distortion that comes with it.
This happens due to YouTube video playback quality reduced to 9 or 10 FPS. The optimum FPS value is View in gallery30 and Roach2010, XDA member, has found a fix for this. Apparently the mess is created by a non-installed file that results in lower FPS while playing Flash videos on stock and other Honeycomb browsers. Roach2010’s fix basically tinkers with these file settings and corrects the FPS back to 30. The current fix comes in shape of recovery flashable zip file and is applicable on Dolphin HD and Stock Honeycomb browsers. Here is the step by step guide to fix the FPS issue on your Asus Eee Pad with root and running Android 3.0 Gingerbread.
- The first step is to download FlashFix for Eee Pad browsers from here and save the file on your tab’s SD Card.
- Next reboot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once in the CWM recovery, navigate to Install Zip From SD Card.
- Now from the resulting menu, select FlashFix.zip file and flash / install.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.
- After you reboot, open the Brower and play any YouTube or flash video to see if the fix did what it claimed.
In case you are facing any difficulty or need to Thank the developer, then head to the thread link posted in Step 1.