View in galleryEarlier we covered a guide on rooting the At&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket via ODIN, but that can prove to be a bit scary for the beginners. This is why, Shabbypenguin and the team at Android Creative Syndicate have brought us the Easy Root for the Skyrocket, which is in fact a one click root solution that will work not just over Windows, but caters to the Linux and Mac operation systems as well. Using this tool is a breeze and is safe, as long as you stick to the instructions.
The script, uses the brilliant zegrush exploit and will have your device rooted in no time. So enough talk, let’s get on with some good old rooting!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Make sure that the drivers are properly installed, so once done, download the Easy Root zip package from the link above and extract the contents.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
- If you’re on Windows, open the extracted Skyrocket Easy Root folder and run root.bat.
- If on Linux or Mac, navigate to the folder and enter the following commands:
sudo chmod 755 Linux-Mac.sh ./Linux-Mac.sh