Ever wonder what can be achieved with a dual core Tegra2 powered phone using custom ROMs. Well now it’s a reality as anyone can successfully root the LG Optimus 2X using Z4root. Z4root is a powerful app capable of rooting your phone with a single click.
LG’s Optimus 2X is a dual core NVIDIA Tegra2 powered phone with a 4” screen and 8Gb of onboard storage making it the most powerful Android phone around at the moment. If you are a proud owner of one, this guide will allow you to gain root access on your device and run apps requiring root functionality as well as flash custom ROMs to it. Z4root is the app that will allow you to gain root functionality. Z4root has been successfully installed on various phone platforms.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process
The method is same like the one we covered previously for rooting Galaxy S and other Android phones:
- The first step is to download Z4root file from here, unzip the APK and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card and copy the APK file to SD card root.
- Now launch Market on your phone and download a file manager of your choice. We recommend going with Astro File Manager.
- Once you are done downloading the file manager, launch it and browse to the location of the Z4root APK file you earlier copied to SD card root.
- Tap on the Z4root APK file and install it using the on-screen instructions of your file manager.
- Once the app is installed on your phone, launch it and tap on the root button.
- Wait for the process to finish and reboot your device once it is done.
And that is all – now you have root access on your LG Optimus 2X.