Z4root is another one click rooting application for Android phones that can, as per the author of this app, virtually root any Android geared device. Currently, the testing APK of this root has been posted to XDA thread and mixed reponses have been observed among app testers. The z4root has been confirmed working for Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Wildfire, Xperia X10 Mini [Eclair], Xperia X10 / X10i, and many other Android phones.
You can navigate to the official thread on XDA here to skim through board messages and check whether your device is compatible or has been tested as “working” with Z4root. We have seen plenty of other one click rooting apps like SuperOneClick, Universal Androot etc, but with Z4root, you won’t be needing a desktop application to root your device. The app is under going rigorous testing by many users and will soon be available in Market as well.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips will not be responsible in case you brick or incur any other damage to your devicefollowing this guide.
Here are the step by step instructions to root your Android device with Z4root:
- The first step is to download Z4root file from here, unzip the APK and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card and copy the APK file to SD card root.
- Now launch Market on your phone and download a file manager of your choice. We recommend going with Astro File Manager.
- Once you are done downloading the file manager, launch it and follow onscreen instruction to install Z4root APK file you earlier copied to SD card root.
- Once the app is installed on your phone, launch and tap on the root button in application.
- Wait for the process to finish and reboot your device once it is done.
There you go! Please note that as this app is still in a testing mode, so you can expect some devices to not to get rooted with this. The common error that we have noticed with devices that failed to root is absence of Super User as well as busybox. Samsung Galaxy S with stock JPO Android 2.2 Froyo firmware has a 99 % success rate with this app. According to RyanZ, the creator of Z4root, this is the safest one click rooting app around that allegedly doesn’t messes anything up on your Android phone.
EDIT: If this method does not work for you, give SuperOneClick a shot. See https://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/root-any-android-device-and-samsung-captivate-with-super-one-click-app/