In case you were looking for a single click root for virtually every Android device, then there is some good news for you. Senior XDA member, CLShortFuse has recently posted a Super One Click Root utility app that not only allows you to root your Android handset but also gives certain useful options like Allow Non Market Apps as well as phone unlock code delivery. This application has been hailed by many of XDA members in the thread and according to app creator:
…I made it. I tested it. It works…
Apart from universally rooting several Android handsets, SuperOneClick provides a single click root for Samsung Captivate on Android 2.2 Froyo as well.
Here is the step by step guide on rooting your Android handset / Samsung Captivate with Super One Click Rooting Application.
This app needs .Net Framework 2.0 or higher to operate.
- The first step is to download Super One Click Root App and save it on your desktop.
- Once this is done, connect your phone to the computer. it is important to note that after connecting the phone, you must not mount SD card.
- Now go to phone settings and enable USB Debugging.
- Once this is done, launch SuperOneClick.exe by double clicking.
- Now click on Universal tab on screen if you are going to root any Android device like Nexus One, Galaxy S, Droid etc. Click on Samsung Captivate if that’s you phone.
- Now simply click on Root tab and wait for the process to finish. It will take some time so hang in there.
- After the rooting is complete, click Allow Non Market Apps if you need to.
There you go! you now have a rooted handset ready to accept any custom ROM.
Please note that:
- Sprint EVO 4G (HTC Supersonic)
- Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
- HTC Desire GSM
- HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)
- HTC Aria
- Droid Eris (HTC DesireC)
- HTC Wildfire (HTC Buzz)
will only have a single level root with this app and you will only be able to allow non-market apps after root. You can use UnRevoked One Click Root for these devices in order to gain complete tier rooting access of the device.
Here is a video tutorial on deploying Super One Click root on Android devices: