View in galleryWe now have confirmation of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc’s bootloader being unlocked, just a few days into it’s release. It has been a long time coming since the release of the famous Xperia X10 and things have been quiet since, but not anymore. What’s more, is that Sony Ericsson have kept true to their word, and released the Xperia Arc along with the Neo, Pro and Play with an un-lockable bootloader. Let’s get straight to business shall we, so read on for more on how to unlock the latest Xperia devices bootloader!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, navigate to this website: http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/instructions.
- Click Continue at the bottom of the page and enter your device’s IMEI code, name and email address in the relevant fields.
- Your unique unlock key will now be mailed to you.
- Now unzip fastboot.rar and open the folder extracted.
- Within that folder, hold the Shift key and press the right Mouse button. Now select Open command window here.
- Now we need to connect the phone to the pc in fastboot mode. Do so by turning the phone off, holding the menu button (search button for the Xperia Play) and plugging in the USB Cable.
- Now in the command prompt, enter the following command:
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
- Now enter the command, replacing KEY in the string with the unlock key mailed to you:
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
That is it! The bootloader is now unlocked.