There is some interesting news for Motorola Droid 2 Global owners, as some hackers and modders have managed to find a way to boost 3G connectivity on these phones. The tweak basically involves bridging 3G speed increase hack and also fixes the Droid 2 Global’s weak GSP Signal strength. XDA Member, Rotkaeqpchen, also deployed the same hack on his Motorola Droid 3, with some modifications, and was able to come up with favorable results on his phone.
Here is the step by step guide to guide to enhance 3G speed on your Motorola Droid 2 Global Android phone:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone. You can head to the post here to gain root privileges on your phone.
- After you have root, download ES File Explorer and install it in on your phone.
- Once the file explorer is installed, tap on the blue SD Card icon to access System files on your phone.
- After you can see the system folders, tap on data folder.
- Now scroll down until you see Local.prop file. long tap on Local.prop file and select Open As > Text > ES Notes Editor.
- Once the file is open in ES notes Editor, scroll down to the end and add the following line with an extra empty line:
Once your device reboots, disconnect any active Wi-Fi connections on the Droid 2 Global and thoroughly test 3G connectivity means of Speedtest.net app and randomly loading apps (that require data connection) and browsing. For those who want to deploy a modified form of this hack on Motorola Droid 3, please consult the official XDA thread here.
All credits for unearthing this tweak / hack goes to kptphalkon along with other developers at Droid Forums.