View in galleryEver since the release of Android 2.3 Gingerbread source code on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project), we have been busy bringing you AOSP based Gingerbread ROMs for several Android devices, and the one we’re featuring now is for the HTC Desire HD that got posted on Twitter by Kali and brought to our attention by XDA-Developers forum member saquib. Continue after the jump for details, download link and installation instructions.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Despite being posted with a note saying “completely unsupported” and “do not report bug”, this ROM has been tested by several users to be quite usable. Apart from the Android Gingerbread interface, most key features are working. Some users – especially ones with old radio versions – had trouble with getting data to work while others faced no such problem. USB Mass Storage, Camera and Camcorder are not working, while Google apps aren’t included and finding a suitable build that works with this ROM could be tedious, though some users did manage getting them to work. You can head over to this thread at the XDA-Developers forums to join the discussion, report feedback or view workarounds posted by users.
To install this ROM:
- Make sure your device is rooted. In case it isn’t, follow our guide on how to root HTC Desire HD.
- Download the ROM from the link given below and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Power your phone off and reboot it in recovery.
- To backup your existing ROM, apps and data, take a nandroid backup.
- Use the main recovery menu to wipe all data and cache. Then go to the advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache.
- Get back to the main recovery menu and select ‘install zip from sd card’. Select the ROM that you copied to your SD card in step 2, and wait patiently while it is flashed to your phone.
- Once the flashing is done, reboot your phone