The latest Gingerbread release for the myTouch 4G Slide is out and available for download. Even though the device has been rooted recently, and there is a good chance that custom ROMs will soon follow, for now, you would have to make do with this official updated ROM. However, if you’re not into the whole rooting business and want to keep things simple, this ROM is for you. Namely it is the 1.28.531.9_Radio_10.48.9007.00U_1 0.12.9007.07_M2 release. Credits to XDA-Developers forum member Football for releasing this on XDA.
It is unclear whether the rooting method for myTouch 4G that we covered earlier on would be applicable after this update. So if you are rooted and plan to use this ROM, be prepared to loose your root access. For now, here’s how you can get this ROM up and running on your device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A myTouch 4G Slide and a USB cable.
- myTouch 4G Slide latest ROM.
- To begin, download the ROM from the link above, and rename it to PG59IMG.zip (.zip being the extension.).
- Copy the ROM to the root of your SD card and reboot into bootloader mode.
- The phone will detect the ROM automatically and will guide you through the installation process, so just follow the on screen instructions.
That is it, your phone should now boot into the new Gingerbread ROM. For updates and queries visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.