Motorola Xoom is all the rage in the Android tablets world, and shouldn’t it be when you have a Android 3.0 Honeycomb running on a Dual Core Nvidia Tegra chipset. We covered how to root Xoom some time back (also check how to root Xoom Wi-Fi model), and while the method involved was actually very simple, there is always room for a One click root application for Android devices. XDA-Developers forum member, jbrew78 has come up with a One click solution for not only rooting the Xoom, but unrooting it as well if required. For more, read on!
The program like many other of its kinds, simply automates the ADB commands that are used to manually root various Android devices. Now the important thing here is that this program works for both the 3G version, and the WiFi only version of Motorola Xoom. Here are a few important details to understand before you move on to using this program:
- The program is available in two packages, the Root/Unroot Re-Lock/Unlock kit and the Root/Unlock kit.
- Both the kits contain, tools for the 3G and WiFi only Xoom, however there is no Re-Locking available for the WiFi only model right now.
So let’s move onto a very simple procedure on how to use it.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- ADB installed and running on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- Root / Unroot kit | Rooting only kit.
- To begin, simply unzip the tool and all other files to one folder.
- Now run the Xoom One Click executable file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Yes! It is that simple. For any queries and future updates, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.