Have you ever come across a custom Android ROM that you loved for its looks but not for its functionality and another one that offers all the functionality that you want but lacks in the looks department? If you are using Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and both the ROMs are based on the same core Android build, you can now easily port the theme of one ROM to another with this script.
Created by XDA-Developers forum member Thol, this script lets you easily port the theme of one Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 custom ROM to another provided they are both using the same Android build at the core level. It also requires the device to have the custom xRecovery already installed.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Download the script and extract it to your C drive directly i.e. not in any sub-folder, as extracting it will automatically create a folder called ‘KitThol’.
- Install the ROM on your phone from which you want to extract the theme.
- Go to C:\KitThol\Theme and run the BackupTheme.bat file.
- Now install the ROM to your phone that you want to use with this theme.
- Finally, run the RestaureTheme.bat file from C:\KitThol and you’re done.
If both the ROMs are based on the same core Android build, you should now have the theme of the first ROM up and running on the second ROM.