Although this fix might sound a bit too awkward and small, yet it can help you sync your Android device time with correct GMT pre and post hours. The GMT Time problem is actually applicable in geographic locations which need to add up hours as + 5, +6 etc. now you can rectify this problem by rooting your any Froyo or Eclair based device. Due to this GMT time bug, most of the time reliant applications such as twitter apps etc, do not work properly and you miss important stuff on time lines etc.
Here is the step by step method on fixing the GMT time sync problem on your rooted Android / Eclair handset:
- The first step is to download the patch file from here and save it on your desktop.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Copy the downloaded file to SD card phone and disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Once this is done, boot your Android device into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, navigate to apply:SD Card and follow on screen instructions to install /flash the file.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your phone into normal mode from recovery.
There you have it! now simply go to home > settings and sync the phone time according to your local geographical zone. You can also restore stock Android GMT time by flashing this stock GMT file.