There are a number of iPad 2 owners facing a “Not Charging” problem after they plug it in their laptop or netbook’s USB port. Apparently the iPad 2 “Not Charging” claims are due to less power output of laptop and netbook USB ports. When iPad 2 shows the Not Charging notification right next to battery icon, it doesn’t mean that it’s not charging at all. According to some claims, the charging is still taking place but it will take a while before you can fully or cycle charge your iPad 2. After researching this issue thoroughly, we did find a tool that can help you in removing this Not Charging error and also help in quickly charging your iPad 2. And we believe that this tool is also good for 1st generation iPad and other iOS devices.
So here is the step by step guide to get rid of iPad 2 “Not Charging” error:
- The first step is to download Asus Ai Charger utility from here.
- Now unzip the archive and run setup.exe.
- Once the setup is complete, reboot your PC.
- Now connect your iPad 2 via USB cable to any USB port on your PC.
- And you will be able to see normal charging percentage without any Not Charging notification.
Asus Ai Charger is compatible with every motherboard and according to their claims, it let’s you charge your iOS device 50 % faster. We tested and can verify this method as working on our iPad 2 16 GB WiFi model.