HTC has finally released the much awaited HTCSync for HTC Wildfire. This software will allow users to sync their Outlook contacts, Web bookmarks etc to their personal computers or laptops. With this syncing software from HTC, you will also be able to install third party Android apps and transfer your photos, songs, playlists to and from your device and computer.
Here is the step by step guide for installing HTC Sync 3.0.5387:
- Download HTCSync and save “Setup_3.0.5387” to your desktop or any other suitable folder.
- Run the downloaded file “Setup_3.0.5387” and install into your PC.
(It is recommended to close all the programs running and exit the anti-virus program, otherwise it may hinder the installation process)
- Follow the Install Shield Wizard to complete installation process and choose the “Complete” Setup Type for speedy installation process.
(Advanced users can select “Custom” to change the already defined shortcuts and the installed application folder location on their own.
HTC Sync Usage Guide:
- After the installation process is completed, press “Finish” to exit the Shield Wizard.
- Start using HTC Sync, connect the PC to your phone using USB cable.
- Tap HTC Sync when you are asked to choose the USB type connection and then tap “Done”.
- Hold on for few seconds till HTC Sync recognize your phone. Enter the name of your phone on Device Setup Screen, and click “Save”.
- Now the Device Panel will open, you can customize your sync options, get your phone info, memory capacity on your storage card and you can perform synchronization.
Note: If you are unable to see HTC Sync option while connecting your phone with the computer via USB then you can easily resolve this issue by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Settings > USB Debugging > Applications and select Development before connecting your phone with PC.
- Plug your phone and wait for 20 seconds to install HTC Sync on your phone.
- Unplug the USB cable, wait for 5 seconds and reconnect the phone with PC via USB cable.
- Choose “HTC Sync” and hang on till HTC Sync recognizes your phone. It might take up to 90 seconds if you are connecting your device to PC for the first time.
However, it is recommended that you close all the programs running on your PC before installing the HTC Sync and DO NOT open any applications or run any file while installation is still in process.