Finally there is some good news for HTC Dream G1 owners who were looking to Install Android 2.2 Froyo on their handsets. A stable and reliable Froyo build is now available for rooted HTC Dream G1 based on CyanogenMOD 6. All credit for this wonderful Froyo port goes to KenMood.
Here is the step by step guide on installing Android 2.2 Froyo on HTC Dream G1. View in gallery
Please note that this guide is intended for users who already have Rooted HTC Dream G1. You can click here for rooting instructions. Also note that you will need SPL Version 1.33.2005 and the latest radio version as any other version might cause your phone to go in a boot loop.
- The first step is to download custom Froyo E-xtreme ROM for HTC G1 and G-Apps Add-on and save them on your Desktop [Or wherever you prefer].
- Now Connect your phone to the computer and mount SD Card.
- Copy both the downloaded files to SD card root and reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- Now Full Wipe the device by wiping cache, data, delvik cache etc.
- After you have wiped the device, install/flash the custom ROM through recovery.
- Now install the G-Apps Add-On from the recovery. Please make sure that you flash the ROM first and then the G-Apps Add-on.
- Now reboot your phone in normal mode. It will take some time so wait until you see the Froyo start screen.
- After this go to Settings> ADW launcher> Drawer Settings and change the value of “Zoom Effect” Speed to 300 and background color to #ff000000
- Now launch Spare Parts and change the windows animation speed to fast. Also enable “Compcache”, Launcher Rotation and Launcher in Memory.
- After these settings reboot your device and there you go! You have successfully ported Android 2.2 Froyo on your HTC Dream G1.
You can click here for more information in case you are facing any issues with this installation.
Disclaimer: Please follow this procedure at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be held responsible if this method incurs any permanent or non-permanent damage to your device.