xRecovery is a custom Android recovery system for all variants of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, including Xperia X10, Xperia X10 Mini, Xperia X10 Mini Pro and Xperia X10 HD. If you own one of these Xperia series devices and want to take it to the next level by being able to flash custom ROMs, take and restore full backups, manage partitions and wipe not just data but cache and Dalvik cache as well, read on for the instructions.
xRecovery is based on and very similar in functionality to ClockworkMod recovery but is meant for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 series devices on which ClockworkMod recovery can’t be installed. To get an idea of all that you can do from this recovery, see our coverage of ClockworkMod recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 series device. See our Android rooting guide to root yours.
- Busybox installed. You can install the latest version from Android Market here.
- xRecovery v0.3 Installer App.
- Download the xRecovery installer app to your computer and transfer it to your phone by connecting your phone to your PC via USB, mounting the SD card and copying the downloaded file to it.
- Browse to the SD card using a file manager and tap on it to launch it.
- Once it launches, simply tap ‘Install xRecovery’ and follow any on-screen instructions that you get.
- Reboot your phone once the process has finished, in case it doesn’t reboot automatically.
You should now have xRecovery installed on your device. To boot into it, just press the back button a few times immediately after you see the white Sony Ericsson logo on the screen upon reboot. Once in xRecovery, use the volume buttons to navigate the options, the ‘Home’ button to select and the back button to go back to the previous menu at any stage.