The root for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Neo is finally here! Incase this just did not make sense to you and you’re unfamiliar with what rooting an android device is all about and why you should do that, read our top 10 reasons to root your Android device. As for those familiar with the concept, read on for how to root your Xperia Arc and Neo.
The root has been made possible thanks to XDA-Developers forum member, Bin4ry and is a fairly simple task to attempt actually. The root employs different packages depending on the firmware you’re running. Now on with some rooting!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Xperia Arc or Neo with an unlocked bootloader. See our guide on how to unlock the Xepira Arc and Neo’s bootloader.
- For Xperia Arc, download the package for the firmware you’re running: UK: .184 | Global LT15i .181 | Global LT15a .181 | HK LT15 .181 | Greek LT15 .181.
- Download package for Xperia Neo.
The instruction set will assume that you already have fastboot and the USB drivers installed considering you can only attempt this by unlocking the bootloader first and that would require you to already have fastboot and the USB drivers installed.
- To begin, download the package of your choice and copy it to the fastboot folder that you extracted earlier on when unlocking the bootloader.
- Now within that folder, hold the Shift key and press the right Mouse button. Now select Open command window here.
- Enter the following command and hit enter:
fastboot flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
fastboot-mac -i 0x0fce flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
All done! Wait patiently as the file is flashed onto your device. Once done, your phone would be rooted and ready to receive custom recoveries and ROMs that would soon follow.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.