The Xperia X10 may not be officially supported by MIUI developers, but it is supported by dedicated developers at XDA-Developers. TripNRaVeR has recently released a ROM named TripNMiUI 0.2.0 “Iris” Gingerbread, which is based on the latest MIUI 1.5.20 ROM. Long story short, MIUI is now available for you to install on your Xperia X10, so read on for more on the ROM and how to install it.
The ROM may seem like an MIUI port but in fact it has been modified quite a bit to suit the Xperia X10. Here are a few features the ROM sports as of right now:
- Based on Gingerbread 2.3.4.
- The camera app has been rebuilt and the video camera is functioning.
- The camera can set saturation, contrast, sharpness and zoom during recording.
- You have the MIUI theme engine available.
- Wi-Fi and GPS is functional.
- TripNFeature 01 tweaks & hacks included.
- Improved screen quality.
That said, other basic and necessary features such as data connection, phone and hardware sensors are working fine.
Before we move on to the installation, here are a few screenshots courtesy of the developer.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Xperia X10. See our guide on rooting the Xperia X10.
- xRecovery installed on your device. See our guide on installing xRecovery on the Xperia X10.
- TripNMIUI ROM.
To begin, download the ROM from the download link above and copy it to the root of your SD card. Once done, simply flash it via recovery after making a nandroid backup. If you’re unfamiliar with this process, see our guide on installing ROMs and zip files via recovery in Android.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.