There is some great news for Motorola Droid 3 as Hashcode, Rootzwiki Android developer, has managed to port the latest CyanogenMod 7.1 Android 2.3 Gingerbread on this phone. This CyanogenMod build for the Droid 3 is an OMAP optimized AOSP ROM based on the latest CM sources. The ROM comes with plenty of features working, but as it is still a pre-alpha, so you can expect to see some force closures and other glitches. Folks have managed to port CM on Droid 3 before as well, but the tester and user response regarding this build has been highly favorable.
Here is a list of what works in this CM 7.1 Android 2.3 Gingerbread Custom ROM build for Motorola Droid View in gallery3:
- Internal SD Card
- GPS Locking
- 3G Data
Apart from this, the ROM developer has opened the forum for users to test and give feedback regarding the functionality of the ROM. So far camera app and external SD Card aren’t working, but we believe that next build will come integrated with fixes for these issues.
Here is the step by step guide to install CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha build on Motorola Droid 3:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your device.
- After this uninstall any Bootstrap apps that you have on your device.
- Once done, download Droid 3 SafeStrap App and install it on your phone.
- Now tap to launch the SafeStrap app and tap on Install Recovery.
- At this point, you need to make sure that the screen bottom has 0.92. If that’s not the case, then abort now!
- Now download the ROM Zip file from here and save it on your SD Card root.
- After this reboot your device into recovery mode. To do this, first power off your phone and then power it back on while holding Power + M button followed by choosing the BP Tools.
- Now when you boot into recovery, make a backup of your current ROM from the options available.
- After you are done making the backup, Format /system in Mounts menu available in Recovery.
- Now use the install Zip from SD Card and flash the ROM.
- Once done, reboot your phone.
And there you go! You now have Android 2.3 Gingerbread based CM 7.1 installed on your phone. In case you are facing any issues or want developer support, then head to the official Rootzwiki forums thread posted here.