In case you were looking for a way to upgrade your Sony Ericsson X10 Mini to Android 2.1 Eclair, then there is a simpler way to do it. Folks over at XDA have recently posted a Flashtool that allows the user to seamlessly upgrade their X10 Mini without any glitches. The users who have tested this method have confirmed that it works without a hitch for X10 Mini. Please note that this method is not valid or working for X10 Mini pro and any adventures with this handset might cause a brick.
According to the author of Flashtool, it is important to WIPE User Data before applying this procedure. Negating this instruction can place your phone in a boot loop. You also need to disable all User Access Permissions in Windows Vista and Windows 7 in order to let the tool do it’s job properly. As we didn’t test this tool ourselves,so we are not sure if this method stands valid for users with root.
- The first step is to download Flashtool from here and save it to your desktop.
- Once this is done, download Xperia X10 Mini 2.1 Firmware file.
- Now turn your phone on and connect it to the PC.
- Now open open Flashtool directory followed by Firmware sub folder.
- In the Firmware subfolder, copy all the contents of mini.rar [firmware] you just download.
- Now execute Flashtool.bat and follow onscreen instructions closely to install Android 2.1 Eclair on your X10 mini.
- Once the procedure is finished, reboot your phone.
There you go! You now have Android 2.1 Eclair installed on your Xperia X10 Mini.
If you are facing any difficulty with the tool or the flashing method, please consult the official XDA thread here.
Disclaimer: Please use this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any permanent / non-permanent damage caused to your device due to this method.