View in galleryThe Transformer has had time to settle down in the tablet market now and is starting to make its mark on a number of users. Running on Android 3.0 Honeycomb, Asus Eee Pad Transformer boasts top quality features like a NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, Gorilla glass technology and Asus Waveshare user interface. Sounds perfect? Well, not quite. It has known issues with its speakers and we even did an article about its sound problems some time back which guided a user to improve the volume of the tablet. Now however, other issues regarding the speakers have started coming to light, the most annoying of which is the imbalance between the right and left speaker.
The problem is that the right speaker tends to be louder than the left one in most of the Eee Pad devices. Luckily recognized XDA developer freeza had the same problem on his Transformer, and he set out to find a fix for it. The fix has some room for improvement and can be a bit dangerous for your speakers, but overall its worth the effort to get rid of scratchy sound quality and get a better overall music experience.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.
The fix is a little complex but we’ll try to make it easy to follow.
- Make sure you have root on your device. If you’re wondering how that can be done, just follow the link.
- Root Explorer must be installed on your Eee Pad.
- Open Root Explorer.
- Scroll the options until you reach “system”. That will give you another list, navigate to data there.
- Once you have reached the /system/data, tap the “Mount R/W” button on the top of your screen.
- Now you have a number of file options, find “srs_processing.cfg”, tap and hold. From the menu just coming into view, choose “Open in Text Editor”.
- Navigate to the block of code where it says ”//BLOCK: ( srs_spk_int : ) TruEQ – Internal Speaker Tuning”. Here you have to edit a number of values, make sure your settings match the settings provided below.
srs_spk_int:trueq_lband0 = 900.000000,-9.000000,0.700000 // TruEQ Left Band 0 Tuning (CF Gain Q) –
srs_spk_int:trueq_lband1 = 11000.000000,6.000000,0.500000 // TruEQ Left Band 1 Tuning –
srs_spk_int:trueq_lband2 = 400.000000,3.000000,0.7000000 // TruEQ Left Band 2 Tuning –
srs_spk_int:trueq_lband3 = 2500.000000,-9.000000,0.700000 // TruEQ Left Band 3 Tuning –
8. Save the file, and quit Root Explorer.
Doing that you are done with the fix and almost sure to have a better sound balance in your speakers after you restart your Transformer.
For detailed analysis and comments on the fix you can visit the official XDA forum thread.