Finally there is some great news for Samsung Galaxy S i900 owners looking for an easy and painless root method. Senior Member, TGA_Gunnman, at XDA Forums has released a one click rooting tool for Samsung Galaxy S which not only roots Android 2.1 Eclair and Android 2.2 Froyo, but also gives you a one click unroot option.
Here is the step by step guide on rooting and unrooting Samsung Galaxy S with a single click:
If you are planning to use this guide on Windows X86 or X64 then make sure to download Samsung drivers before embarking on the root process. This rooting application requires Dot Net Framework Version 4 to work.
- The first step is to enable USB debugging mode on your device. You can enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and check mark USB Debugging.
- Now download Galaxy S i9000 one click root file, extract the contents and save them on your desktop [or wherever your prefer].
- Now connect your phone to the computer and double click on Galaxy S I9000 One-Click Root file.
- Now simply click One-Click Root 2.1 or 2.2 on the screen and follow the onscreen command mode instructions to complete the root process. Please note that for One-click root 2.1, your phone needs to be running Android 2.2 2.1 Eclair and for One-click Root 2.2, Android 2.2 Froyo.
- In case you are using this application to unroot your phone then simply follow the instructions above and click on One-click Unroot.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.
Update: Now you can also one-click root/unroot Samsung Galaxy S with Mac OS. The detailed guide is posted here.