Asus Eee Pad is one of the most in-demand Android tablet that was able to gather a huge fan base within hours of it’s launch. As everything isn’t perfect, so is the Transformer’s volume that has left some fans and users in dismay. But as improvisation is the key for sustainability and rapid growth of Android, there is now a home brewed volume hack available to enhance phone sounds and in-call plus speaker volume. The hack isn’t a new one as it was initially developed to enhance HTC G1 [Now Resting In Peace] sounds and in call volume.
The feedback from forums isn’t very positive as this hack worked flawless on some devices and on others; it was a mess. People have reported distorted speakers and sound barring as well. In case this leaves you double minded, then it’s a better and safer option to either get Volume + from Market or wait for a thoroughly tested and optimized version of this hack.
So for all those who are ready to give this Volume Increase hack a try on your Eee Pad, here are the step by step instructions:
1. The first step is to make sure that you have root on your Eee Pad Transformer. You can root your device by following the guide posted here.
2. Now make a Nandroid backup of your device. It isn’t necessary but will be your only resort if things don’t workout as planned.
3. Once you have root, setup ADB on your PC. Click here for instructions on setting up ADB and to get hold of basics.
4. Now download Audio Fix files package from here and unzip them in Android SDK folder for easy ADB access
5. After you have ADB setup, connect your phone to the computer and initiate Command Prompt.
6. Now go to the Android SDK directory through cmd prompt and type:
adb push AudioFilter.csv system/etc
adb push AudioPara4.csv system/etc
adb push AudioPreProcess.csv system/etc
7. Once you have pushed the above files through ADB, reboot your device.
8. After the device reboots, cross check if the hack worked by playing some songs etc.
In case you are stuck or need to provide feedback, then visit the XDA thread posted here.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.