The Google Nexus S has begun receiving Custom ROMs at a faster pace since it’s introduction. The latest in the pack, is the release of a theme named, AXURA Nexus Edition which is of course based on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. The ROM was released by XDA-Developers forum member Master™ and is stable as per the feedback. For more on this ROM, and instructions to install it on your Nexus S, read on!
- Themed, but not entirely.
- Anti-Virus installed.
- Axura Lockscreen Theme.
- Market themed in black and silver.
- Books app has been removed.
- Build prop tweaks.
- Busybox 1.19.0.
- CM7 Mms.
- Custom Default Font.
- Customized Theme.
- Flying Animations.
- Host File Mod – No Ads.
- Insecure boot.img (adb remount).
- Init.d optimization.
- Max events per/s 65.
- Removed Camera Click.
- Removed Recorder Click.
- Semi-Transparent Pull-Down menu.
- Voodoo Color and Voodoo Sound.
Before we move onto the installation, let’s check out a few screen shots courtesy of Master™.
Now that you know what you’re dealing with, let’s flash this ROM on your phone.
Disclaimer: Flash a custom ROM to your phone at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nexus S. See our guide on how to root Nexus S.
- A custom recovery installed. Download ROM Manager from the Market and use it to install ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download AXURA Nexus Edition ROM.
- USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery.
- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe Dalvick cache.
- Select, ‘install zip from sdcard’ > ‘choose zip from sdcard. Select the ROM you copied to the SD card and the installation will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot.
Done! This simple. Your Nexus S is now running the AXURA Nexus Edition ROM. Do let us know how this ROM faired for you. For updates and queries, please visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.