View in galleryThere is some great news for CyanogenMod Custom ROM fans waiting for their Samsung Galaxy Spica to have CyanogenMod Android 2.2 Froyo. The CynogenMod Alpha5 For Samsung i5700 Spica is now available for download and installation.
Some of the key features of this CM Alpha5 ROM For Galaxy Spica are:
- ADW Launcher
- Working GPS
- Functional Bluetooth
- Upgraded Google Services
Here is the step by step guide on installing this custom Android 2.2 Froyo ROM on your rooted Samsung i5700 Spica:
- The first step is to root your Spica by following instructions posted here.
- Now Download CM 5 Froyo ROM file and save it on your desktop. [Or wherever your prefer]. In case you are unable to download this ROM, then it is advised to download and install CM 6.1 for Spica from here.
- After you have downloaded and saved the Rom file, connect your phone to the computer.
- Now mount SD card and copy ROM file to SD card root.
- Once this is done, reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Now install i5700_Froyo_cm-5_update.zip followed by Wiping Data and Cache.
- Once this is done, reboot your phone. The phone will reboot 2 to 5 times but this is normal.
There you go! You can now taste delicious CM 5 Foryo on your Samsung i5700 Spica.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.