Finally there is some great news for Motorola i1 users waiting to root their handsets. GotHeart at CyanogenMod Forum has achieved root through conventional ADB method. There is no single click root available until now for i1, but we can speculate it to surface real soon. Here is the step by step guide on rooting your Motorola i! but please only try this if you are comfortable with ADB based rooting.
1. The first step is to install ADB along with Motorola drivers. After you have installed ADB, it is recommended but not essential to add “Tools” to your drive path.
2. Once you have installed the above mentioned goodies, download Motorolai1-Root.zip file, extract and save on C drive Root i.e. C:\I1RootFiles.
3. Connect your Motorola i1 to the computer and run command prompt [Start > Run> cmd].
4. Now type The following commands In Command Prompt[ This will push all necessary files to your handset’s SD card]:
- adb devices
- adb push C:\I1RootFiles\Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
- adb push C:\I1RootFiles /sdcard/su
- adb push C:\I1RootFiles\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
- adb push C:\I1RootFiles\Install-Root-sh /data/local/tmp/Install-Root.sh
- adb push C:\I1RootFiles\busybox /sdcard/busybox
5. Now you have all the files needed for rooting on your handset’s SD card. After this, Type the following commands in command prompt:
- adb shell
- cd /data/local/tmp
- chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
- chmod 0755 Install-Root.sh
6. Wait for the installation to finish and keep your phone connected to computer.
7. Once the installation is complete, launch Market and download ConnectBot Terminal.
8. Now open ConnectBot on your phone and type:
- cd /data/local/tmp
9. Now wait until [+]Forked XXXX Childs message appears.
10. Once you see the message mentioned above, type exit to close ConnectBot Terminal.
11. Once this is done, re launch ConnectBot on your phone and type:
12. After running the commands mentioned above, you will see # sign instead of $. If this is the case, then you have successfully rooted your phone.
13. Now reboot your phone through ConnectBot by typing:
There are no custom ROMS available until now but with root achieved, the possibilities are virtually limitless, so Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.