In case you missed the latest OTA update for your HTC EVO 4G then you can update it manually. The latest 3.29.651.5 update from Sprint is bug-fixer update that resolves some long pending issues and nasty bugs. The 3.29.651.5 for HTC EVO 4G also fixes Calendar edit issues along with multiple Gmail Sync.
To update you phone with Over The Air Update, you can simply follow these instructions directly from Sprint:
To update your EVO over the air:
- Go to the Home screen
- Tap Menu > Settings > System updates > HTC software update
- Your EVO will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power your phone off and back on to complete the software upgrade.
Here is the step by step guide on updating your stock HTC Evo 4G to the latest update.
Please make sure that you have un-rooted/stock HTC Evo 4G before applying this guide.
- The first step is to download the update file, rename to updatenew.zip and save it on your desktop.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Copy the downloaded file to SD card root and un-mount SD card.
- Now reboot your phone into recovery mode by holding the volume button along with power button.
- Once you are in recovery, use your phone’s volume button to navigate to recovery and press the power button. At this point the phone will reboot and you will see exclamation mark with phone meaning successful recovery boot.
- Now use volume up button to navigate to applysdcard:updatenew.zip and press power button.
- This will begin update installation. Wait for the process to finish and reboot the phone.
There you go! You are now updated to the latest build. The manual method is generically applicable on any forthcoming version and/or Firmware update from sprint.