View in galleryXDA-Developers forum member ZeuBug has released an awesome theme for the Galaxy S II devices which has a clear look to it and oriented in the Gingerbread style while retaining the Galaxy S II color scheme. The theme can be used with devices running the Villain or Liete’ning custom ROMs. More on the theme and how to install it, after the break.
Before we say a a word, it is important to note that this theme has not been tested on any other ROM except for the Villain and Liten’ning ROM. The theme package sports the following features:
- Full Gingerbread blue style theme.
- % blue battery.
- Advanced Power Menu.
- TV Screen Off effect (to turn on the effect, go to Settings/Display/Animation/All animations.).
- Phone.apk without increasing ring.
- New charging notification sound.
- Battery charged and Low battery sounds turned off.
- Themed Mms.apk (apply “Evergreen” Samsung theme to have mine!), Sent time/”Unlimited” Contacts adding//No MMS Convert (here is the original mod.).
- Themed Go Launcher EX 2.31.
- My GoLauncherEx theme, with my icons included (inspired from here)
- noled widget themed.
- Modded GoWidget taskmanager.
Below you can see a few screenshots courtesy of the developer.
Now that you know what this theme is all about, let’s give your Galaxy S II a fresh new look.
- Rooted Galaxy S II. See our guide on how to root the Galaxy S II.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. (Install via ROM Manager.)
- KE7ZeuBugGingerblue for Villain ROM.
- KE7ZeuBugGingerblue for Lite’ning ROM.
- To begin, download the theme from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Once done, reboot into recovery by pressing the Volume down, Home and Power buttons together, letting go of the power button when the boot screen appears.
- Make a nandroid backup by navigating to backup/restore > backup.
- Select wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the theme copied to your SD card.
- Once the theme is flashed, simply reboot the device.
That’s it! Your device should boot into the new theme. For update and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.