You don’t really need a connecting cable to sync your favorite iPod Touch apps and songs to iTunes. Now you can even do this by syncing your iPod Touch with iTunes over Wi-Fi.
Here is a stepwise guide on how to achieve this:
- As this is not how Apple wants you to Connect with iTunes; You must have a jailbroken iPod Touch
- Now initiate Cydia and scroll down to sections tab
- Once in sections tab, press “Networking” tab
- Press and select the “Wi-Fi sync From Bigboss” from the list
- This is a paid app and is cheap but highly useful; press the purchase tab on the top right corner of the screen
- Once the purchase transaction is done, press the install button
- Complete the installation and navigate back to the springboard main screen
- Now you will need your system ( windows, Mac) to logon to www.getwifisync.com
- after you have navigated to above mentioned website, download the package according to your computer’s OS type and install it
- After installation, connect your iPod Touch and Computer over the same Wi-Fi sync.
- Now launch Wi-Fi Sync from your iPod Touch which will start searching for computer over the same Wi-Fi connection.
- After the app finds the device (which will be your computer pre-installed with Wi-fi Sync helper soft), you will get simultaneously pop-us on computer and iPod touch to confirm the sync. Press Yes on both.
- Now if you followed every step, your iPod Touch will appear on iTunes which will be of course over the Wi-Fi without any connection cables.
If you own an iPhone or iPad, repeat exactly the same procedure to Wi-Fi Sync your device with iTunes but make sure that they are jailbroken too.