Personally, I am a huge fan of Avast 5 Free Antivirus because it is technically free and up to par with all paid antivirus software out there. I dumped Norton Antivirus way back in 2005 because it ate too much system resources and crashed my computer all the time. But I have been hearing rave reviews of the latest Norton Antivirus 2010 recently.
Norton Antivirus 2010 is said to be the fastest and lightest antivirus software out there. According to most people it scans the whole hard disk in less than 10 minutes. But some people are skeptical and calm that it didn’t detect some worms and malware. If you are one of those guys who would love to test out Norton Antivirus 2010 then hit the link give at the bottom of this post.
Note: You can try out Norton Antivirus 2010 for 30 days only, after this period the trial will expire. This is only for testing purpose only and the antivirus is not free as a whole.
Some useful features include(To see the complete feature list, go here):
. Delivers up-to-the-minute protection with rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes.
· IMPROVED! Provides multilayered security through the Norton Protection System.
· Prevents bots from taking control of your PC.
· Detects and automatically removes malicious threats.
· IMPROVED! Defends against Web-based attacks.
· Automatically detects and removes spyware, viruses, Trojans, bots and Internet worms.
· Recovery tool boots and repairs badly infected PCs. Delivers our most complete, deep cleaning scan possible.
· Norton Ongoing Protection provides continuous protection updates and new product features as they become available throughout your product subscription period, helping to keep your computer protected against the latest Internet threats and risks.
· Norton Automatic Renewal Service helps to ensure that you’re protected by automatically renewing your product subscription before it expires.
It works on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.