View in galleryDo you own a Desire S, and have an Ad hoc network setup for all your wireless needs? Frustrated by the lack of Ad hoc support on the Desire S? Not anymore, thanks to XDA-Developers forum member brokenworm who just solved this issue for you! He has released a fix that allows you Desire S to pick up Ad hoc networks without any issues at all.
The feedback from users has been quite positive and the fix has proven to be quite successful. Installing the fix is quite the simple task, even for the most novice Android user. However getting to the part where you can actually install this fix, is not quite the novice users cup of tea. However we try, and will show you exactly what you need to install this fix from scratch.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Desire S with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the HTC Desire S.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Ad hoc fix.
- To begin, download the fix from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the fix copied to the SD card.
- Let the it install, and once it does, simply reboot the device.
For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.