Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is flagship Android device from SE that comes packed with awesome hardware but limited output due to delayed Android updates. However the modding community has reacted wonderfully to the challenge and we have seen every major OS update getting ported to this device. Multi Touch or Dual Touch is a feature that was absent initially on Xperia X10 and also proved to be a deal breaker for many potential buyers. Imagine playing Angry Birds with one thumb or toiling Google Maps without the option of pinch to zoom. But now, if you have root privileges on your phone, you can easily enable Dual Touch on your phone courtesy of Android hacking and development community present at XDA.
The mod will work best with the native apps such as the browser, Google Maps etc. Furthermore, you don’t even need to have a rooted device! So let’s get on with the mod.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, extract the Multitouch Drivers you downloaded, to a folder of your choice.
- Inside the Dual Touch folder, navigate to Flash Dual Touch Drivers and run X10FlashTool.exe.
- Click on connect and select your phone when presented with a menu. You will see a window on your PC prompting you to connect your phone in Flashmode. Leave it be for now.
- Now to put your phone in flash mode. Do this by pulling out the battery of the phone and connecting it via USB to the PC.
- Now hold the Back key on your phone and put the battery back in. Keep holding the Back key till a green LED lights up. Now you click ok in the window that popped up in Step 3.
- Once the phone is successfully connected, click on Flash and you will be prompted for a firmware selection.
- Select the Enable Dual Touch drivers and click OK.
- After the drivers are flashed, simply unplug your phone and restart it.
That’s it! Multitouch should be enabled on your phone now. You can test it out using the Touch Tester App on your phone. Please make sure to update to the latest firmware and apps on your phone for the best results. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.