View in galleryWe have confirmation of Honeycomb being ported to the Viewsonic G-Tablet. The ROM has been released by XDA-Developers forum member zyhong. The ROM is intended for users running the bootloader 1.1 on the G-Tablet. More details on the ROM and the installation guide after the jump.
This ROM is based on an already existing ROM called Roebee’s BOS a5.2 but with some additional tweaks to it. The additional changes / features are listed below:
- Overclocked by default (max frequesy adjusted by battery level) (check Clemsyn’ kernel post on how to undervolt with pimpmycpu).
- Tweaked internal storage & SD card read speeds.
- Annoying ads in programs are blocked.
- Calkulin’s battery saving script.
Note, that USB storage mounting does not work for now.
Now that you know what this ROM is all about, let’s get it up and running on your device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted ViewSonic G-Tablet with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Se our guide on how to root the G-Tablet and install ClockworkMod Recovery to it.
- Honeycomb for G-Tablet.
- To begin, copy the ROM you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the files are copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a NANDroid backup.
- Now, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and Dalvick cache.
- Once done, simply flash the ROM you copied to your SD card and let it install.
- Now simply reboot your device and cross your fingers!
Congratulations! Your G-Tablet will now boot into the Honeycomb ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.