Vodafone 845 or Huawei U8120 is a mid-tier Android device without a huge fan base. Although not many people have opted to go for this phone, but developers haven’t stranded those who bought it. Apparently some developers were hard at work in porting CyanogenMod 7 on this phone and latest developments suggest that they were successful! The beauty of Android lies in the fact that this OS is hackable to the core and no device harboring Android goes without root or custom ROM.
Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread based CyanogenMod 7.0.0 is one of the best custom ROM for this phone. Based on 2.6.29 Kernel by Anryl, this CM 7 build for U8120 has already entered Release Candidate phase with most of the stuff declared as operational.
Here is a list of all the stuff that works direct from developer:
- Wi-Fi (mac address fixed)
- Key lights
- OC Kernel (122-748MHZ)
- SD Card mount via notification bar
- Fixed GPS
- Fixed AGPS
- Fixed layout in Usb mass storage screen & dialer
- Fixed Framework
- YouTube fixed
- Better screen adjustment
- Camera Fixed
- Video recording Fixed
Although this ROM can be your daily driver, but stuff like FM Radio, Screen Calibration Support and itsy bitsy lag issues are still there.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Here is the step by step guide to install Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread based CyanogenMod 7 on your Vodafone 845 or Huawei U8120:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your device.
- Now download ROM file from here and save it on your PC’s desktop for easy access.
- Once done, download and install ROM Manager from Market.
- Now launch ROM Manager and flash ClockworkMod Recovery from the app menu.
- After flashing ClockworkMod Recovery is complete, connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded ROM file to SD Card root.
- Now disconnect your phone from the computer, launch ROM Manager and tap on Install ROM from SD Card.
- From the resulting menu, tap on ROM zip file and select Wipe Data and Cache along with Dalvik Cache.
- Now press Ok and ROM flashing process will begin.
- Wait for the procedure to complete and reboot your device.
There you go! You now have CM 7 installed on your U8120 Android phone. In case you are facing any difficulty or want to report bugs, then head to the official ROM thread here.