HTC EVO 4G gets Ice Cream Sandwich! Android’s latest OS to date that is all the rage these days, with fans looking forward to get ICS ROMs up and running on their devices as quickly as possible. While a handful of devices wait around for official updates, developers are not willing to stand by and wait. Since the source code was Ice Cream Sandwich was released, development in terms of AOSP ROMs have kicked into high gear. This ICS ROM for the Evo 4G, comes in courtesy of XDA-Developers forum member the_plattypus
. That said, the ROM as like most other AOSP ROMs out there, is still a work in progress with quite a few things not working at the moment. More on the ROM and how you can get it up and running on your Evo 4G, after the break.Read More
If you have recently updated your HTC EVO 4G to a stock 4.24 OTA based ROM and are missing the advanced reboot options, XDA-Developers forum member ca1ne has come up with a sweet little mod that would give you those much needed options back. However if you’re thinking you can get this up and running on a completely stock, non rooted, non deodexed firmware, you cannot. Read More
HTC Sense fans who own the HTC Evo 4G, can finally put their hands on the awesome new Sense 3.0 UI via a custom ROM. Earlier we covered custom ROMs based on Sense 3.0 for the Desire HD, Inspire 4g and myTouch 4g. This time, it’s Evo 4g’s turn, so read on for more on this ROM and how to install it on your device.Read More
The paid version of FullHDMI For EVO 4G
has been around on the Android Market for a while now, providing full HDMI mirroring for the rooted HTC EVO 4G without the need of custom kernels (except for mirroring at 720p and audio output switching). A recent update of the app eliminated the need for root access, making it much easier to set up compared to its free alternative, HDMwIn that requires root access as of this writing.And now, a free version of the app is available on the Market. That’s right, HTC EVO 4G users without root access on their devices can now enjoy full HDMI mirroring for free. There is a catch though, and not a small one – the free version does not allow mirroring in landscape view.Read More
Although the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread keyboard with its revamped looks has become quite popular in the past few days and has been ported to several Android devices, the XDA-Developers community sees no reason to stop at the default. Thanks to them, you can now install the Gingerbread keyboard on your HTC EVO 4G and HTC Droid Incredible in three different colors - red, green and blue.Read More
Ever since Google released Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the Android developer community has been busy porting several of its features like the keyboard and launcher to other devices. With the Burnt Gingerbread
HTC Sense theme,
you can get these and more for your HTC EVO 4G running Android 2.2 FroYo.Read More
Android 2.3 Gingerbread is the latest installment of the popular smartphone OS and brings several improvements and enhancements over its predecessor. Courtesy of the developers at XDA-Developers, you can now install Android 2.3 Gingerbread on your HTC EVO 4G.
HTC Desire HD is the new Android buzz in every corner with some amazing specs, features and whole new HTC Sense. Hackers and Android developers at XDA have released HTC Desire HD ROM for HTC Desire, Droid Incredible and EVO 4G. Some key features of this ROM are:
- Under 5 Second Boot Time
- Multiple Theme Downloads From HTC Hub
- Landscape Support For HTC Apps
- Pinch Zoom Functionality
In case you missed the latest OTA update for your HTC EVO 4G then you can update it manually. The latest 3.29.651.5 update from Sprint is bug-fixer update that resolves some long pending issues and nasty bugs. The 3.29.651.5 for HTC EVO 4G also fixes Calendar edit issues along with multiple Gmail Sync. Read More
There is some interesting news for HTC EVO 4G owners who were praying for CyanogenMod 6 Android 2.2 Froyo to be ported on their rooted handsets. Although there are some Froyo ROMS for EVO 4G circling the web sphere, but custom ROM from Cyanogen are generally considered as the most reliable and stable.Read More
In case you opted for HTC EVO 4G latest OTA update i.e. 1.47.651.1, then there is some good news for you. You can now root your HTC EVO 4G if you updated your phone or recently bought an already updated one.Read More
Today seems to be “save the battery day” here at AddictiveTips, as I have already posted a comprehensive guide to save your Android phone’s battery
. There is another tip on the roll and its regarding HTC EVO 4G. It seems as if EVO 4G will be dumped by many keen users just because of this issue but still where there is will, there is a way!Read More
Got yourself an HTC EVO 4G and proud of your beast of a smartphone? Rooted it already and loving the ability to do all the cool stuff on it that non-rooted users can't? Looking for a way to take it beyond all this? How about overclocking its already fast 1Ghz processor to a higher speed? You're at the right place! We have just found the way to root the HTC EVO 4G to 1.26 GHz and in what follows, we will guide you through the process of overclocking yours. So what are you waiting for? Read on for more details and our complete instructions.Read More
Steve Jobs did a great job by defining all the so-called magical specs of the new iPhone 4. It was expected that this iPhone will be loaded with loads of features and our speculations seemed to hit bull’s eye at WWDC keynote.If you are someone who didn’t believe in using Smartphones before WWDC and are now a convert; there are somethings you need to know before you make your final choice to go for an iPhone 4.Android is also a Smartphone OS which allows you to be as smart as you would be by carrying an iPhone! The only difference is that you have a choice of selecting an Android based device from hundreds already available in the market. Android is basically a Google product so you can well imagine that the growth pattern of this OS is far more steadier than the iPhone.In this post, keeping everything else aside, we will compare Android's most powerful handset in the market namely HTC Evo 4G with Apple's latest iPhone 4.
- Evo Supports 4G where as this new iPhone 4 is still a 3G device.
- The USB and Wi-FI Tethring function on EVO 4G is much superior and easily do-able where as the new iPhone still struggles to make a mark with this technology.
- Android device EVO 4G is completely receptive and accommodating to the concept of cloud computing where you simply push an intent from your computer to your phone. We have yet to see something like this from the iPhone.
- Voice Search and input is already tweaked and perfect-ionized by Google for android. Whereas the iPhone “will” have it at a time yet unknown.
- iPhone 4 might boast of a Retina Display, which logically only means a higher resolution, but then again do you want those many pixels on a device which you need for the purpose of basic and advanced communications? There are numerous Android devices available which already have a high resolution display.
- We all are different people with different choice and options. This is a universal truth so how come every one is going to fall for the shape and structure of the “a bit squarish” iPhone 4 this time? Android OS is so flexible, that you will find high tech devices from every other leading mobile phone manufacturer in the world. HTC, Motorola, Acer, Sony Ericsson, Huawei and the list is expanding leaps and bounds.
- EVO 4G supports high quality video chat over 4G servers whereas iPhone 4 still needs another “iPhone 4GS” perhaps, to acquire this capability. iPhone 4 has a video chat option but only if Wi-Fi is available and hence Wi-Fi is not that common when you are yourself “mobile” and looking to do visual chatting.
- If you are a music and other media fan and already own an iPhone, then you must know that you have connect to iTunes every times you need music and before that converting is a whole different process. The flexibility of Android devices is that you can actually simply copy and past any thing any media file to your SD card and there you go!
So these are only 8 noticeable edges of Evo 4G device over the iPhone 4. Now, the decision rests on you whether to get a power-packed Android device or an iPhone.
Those of you considering buying an HTC EVO 4G but concerned about having to wait till the phone is rooted, we've got some great news for you. The device has been rooted a day before it is even released and as always, we've got you covered. If you want to be able to benefit from all the root-only apps, hacks, tweaks and mods on your device, read on for details and our complete step-by-step rooting instructions.Read More
As per news from various reliable sources, it is now confirm that Android running HTC Evo 4G is rooted; 12 days ahead of its official release date. The credit for this directly goes to lucky Google I/O attendee Matt Mastracci of Grack.com who has over powered the EVO 4G phone set handed to him during Google’s giveaway.Read More