HTC Sense 3.5, extracted from ROM dump of HTC Bliss Android phone, is perhaps the hottest UI available for HTC devices. There are numerous people looking to port HTC Sense 3.5 on their devices and ROM developers are readily cooking their custom firmware with HTC Sense 3.5 integrated. Recently the Sense 3.5 UI ROM made it to HTC HD2 in shape of a Gingerbread ROM but like all initial ports, the camera wasn’t working as expected. The main issue was a jittery video recording and blurred still captures after flashing / installing a custom ROM with Sense 3.5.
XDA member and developer, haldric, has managed to come up with fixes that basically allow smooth operation of HD2 camera after flashing / installing a Sense 3.5 ROM. According to numerous testers, the fixes seem to be real and are working fine for majority.
Here is the step by step guide to deploy camera fix after you flash / install a HTC Sense 3.5 based Android Gingerbread custom ROM on HD2: View in gallery
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have a HTC Sense 3.5 b based custom ROM running on your phone.
- Now download the camera fix from here according to your ROM version from this XDA post. We don’t have permission to mirror these links so you’ll need to register on XDA in order to download the fix.
- After you have downloaded the fix in zip format, connect your phone to the computer and mount SD Card as flash drive.
- Now copy the downloaded zip format fix file to SD Card root.
- Once done, disconnect your phone from PC and reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- Once in custom CWM recovery, use “install zip from SD Card” option to flash / install the zip file.
- After the installation / flashing is complete, reboot your device.
- Once your device reboots into system, tap to launch Camera app and try recording a video or capture a still image.
If everything goes as planned, you will now be experiencing a glitch free camera video / still capture. In case you are facing any issues or want to thank the developer, please refer to the XDA link provided in step 2.