Missing your Indian TV fix? Services like Hotstar and Ditto TV are the best way to watch Indian channels live as they air, all in HD quality, and all for just a small monthly fee. Ditto TV puts everything from live news to TV serials, Darshan, kids programming, Indian movies, and live events in the palm of your hand. Once you start streaming, you won’t want to stop!
The only catch with Ditto TV is that it isn’t available outside of India. If you try to access the website or mobile apps while in any other country, you’ll be greeted with a large and unfriendly “dittoTV is currently not available in your country” message.
But don’t despair. With the right VPN you can change your IP address and quickly bypass this frustrating proxy message and watch Ditto TV on your favorite devices from anywhere in the world. Read on for our full guide on how to watch Ditto TV outside India!
- 1 Watch Ditto TV Outside India with a VPN
- 2 Best VPNs to Watch Ditto TV Outside India
- 3 How to Use a VPN to Watch Ditto TV Outside India
- 4 What to Watch on Ditto TV
- 5 Conclusion
Watch Ditto TV Outside India with a VPN
If you use the internet on a daily basis, even if it’s just to check your e-mail, you need a virtual private network. These powerful tools create a tunnel of privacy between you and the world wide web, allowing you to surf, stream, download, and browse the open and free internet without worrying about online security. They’re indespensable additions to any device, so don’t wait another day to get started!
What Makes a Good VPN?
Most people have heard of VPNs before, but few start down the road to actually getting one. AT first glance VPNs seem incredibly complicated and hard to use. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Most VPN companies go to extraordinary lengths to make sure you can click and connect on any piece of hardware. You can practically run them with your eyes closed!
VPNs add encryption to your connection, which is a great way to add basic online privacy to any device. They also allow for location variability through virtual IPs. These, along with a handful of other features, create a remarkably secure online experience that protects you every time you go online.
When researching a VPN to watch Ditto TV outside India, place the following criteria at the top of your list:
- Large server network – To watch Ditto TV from anywhere in the world, you need access to servers across the globe.
- Security features – Stronger encryption and privacy features means a safer online experience.
- Ultra fast streaming speeds – VPNs are often slower than a standard, unencrypted internet connection. To keep your Ditto TV streams HD, get the fastest VPN available.
- Zero-logging policy – Your information can only stay safe if the VPN has a strict zero-logging policy.
Best VPNs to Watch Ditto TV Outside India
Don’t want to spend hours researching VPNs and encryption protocols? Take a shortcut and use our recommended services below! Each one is fast, safe, secure, and affordable, making them perfect for watching Ditto TV from outside India on just about any device, including smartphones.
1 – ExpressVPN – Fast and User-Friendly
Speed and ease of use are ExpressVPN’s most important and best-liked features. The company’s custom apps for all modern platforms make it extraordinarily easy to connect to a fast server out of the box, no configuration or list browsing required. And ExpressVPN’s network of over 2,000 servers in 94 different countries means you’ll always find a speedy connection in any part of the world. If your downloads feel a little sluggish, just fire up the built in speed test to locate a better server in a matter of seconds!
ExpressVPN works to keep your traffic anonymous by wrapping everything in strong 256-bit AES encryption. DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch ensure your personal data never sneaks through, even in the case of an accidental disconnect. And if privacy is your top concern, ExpressVPN offers one of the most comprehensive zero-logging policies on the market, covering everything from traffic to DNS requests and IP addresses!
ExpressVPN operates multiple servers within India, giving you full access to the right IP addresses to securely and safely watch Ditto TV from outside India.
Check out our full ExpressVPN review for more info about the service’s amazing features!
2 – NordVPN – Fast and Powerful Protection
Need added choice and variety from your VPN? NordVPN has you covered. The company’s top feature is its massive server network of over 4,800 servers in 62 different countries, a list that’s constantly growing as time goes by. This gives you an incredible amount of freedom when it comes to choosing a fast server in any location, and it’s perfect for frequent travelers, too. NordVPN puts some of its servers to work as feature-specific nodes, as well. If you need faster P2P downloads or double encryption, for example, all you have to do is click the server and you’re set.
NordVPN’s zero-logging policy is also worthy of praise. It covers everything from bandwidth to traffic, time stamps to IP addresses, ensuring almost none of your activity is ever recorded. Most VPNs stop at banning traffic logs, but with NordVPN you get the complete package. Rounding out the service’s privacy features are 256-bit AES encryption on all data, an automatic kill switch to prevent accidental identity reveals, and DNS leak protection keep you safe even if you lose your connection to the VPN.
NordVPN runs over a dozen servers in India, each delivering lightning fast speeds for high quality streams from Ditto TV.
Learn more about the NordVPN experience in our complete NordVPN review.
3 – CyberGhost – Fast, Secure, Safe
CyberGhost has speed, privacy, and security in ample supply. The company creates a fast and reliable online experience everyone can enjoy out of the box, no configuration or setup required. Part of this usability factor is thanks to the company’s network of 2,400 servers in 60 different countries. Every time you connect you’ll have access to a reliable and lag-free server, guaranteed. No buffering delays or internet slowdown, just sign on and enjoy the secure world wide web.
Privacy provisions feature 256-bit AES encryption on all data, a zero-logging policy on traffic, time stamps, and IP address, along with both DNS leak protection and an automatic kill switch on all of its software and apps. These foundational features hide your identity each time you go online, allowing you to connect with fully encrypted data no matter where you travel or which platform you prefer.
CyberGhost operates 14 servers in India, making it one of the best mainstream VPNs to offer reliable connections to IP addresses for watching Ditto TV outside of India.
Learn more about CyberGhost’s great features in our complete CyberGhost review.
How to Use a VPN to Watch Ditto TV Outside India
Once you’ve got your VPN in place, it’s time to get started. Follow the steps below to set up your VPN and use it to stream live Ditto TV channels from your favorite device.
Step 1 – Requirements
Ditto TV is a subscription service restricted to customers in India. For this reason, you can’t simply grab a VPN and start streaming. Make sure you meet the following requirements before continuing the steps below.
- You must have an active subscription with Ditto TV. If you aren’t already a member, go to http://www.dittotv.com and sign up right away.
- You’ll need a reliable VPN with access to Indian IP addresses.
- A PC or laptop is ideal for streaming Ditto TV, though some users have managed to watch with a VPN through Ditto TV’s mobile app.
Step 2 – Download Your VPN and Connect
With the prerequisites in place, you can now grab your VPN software, install it, and connect. The specific steps for each VPN will vary depending on your service, but for the most part, they follow the structure below. The steps below will guide you through the process.
- In a web browser, sign into your VPN account and download the software for your device. Mobile users may need to download the VPN app from their app store.
- Install the app, launch it, then enter your VPN login credentials.
- Open the list of servers and choose one located inside India. This will give you an Indian IP address, which is required to watch Ditto TV.
- Connect to the server and wait a few moments for it to go through.
- Now you have a secure connection with an Indian IP, ready to start streaming.
Step 3 – Verify Your IP Address
It’s a good idea to double check your VPN and make sure it’s actually performing as expected. You can do this in a few seconds by running a quick IP address leak test, which will verify that you have an Indian IP address before you start streaming. This step is strictly optional, but it’s a good idea to do it, just in case.
- Open your VPN app and connect to a server in India.
- Launch a web browser on the same device and go to ipleak.net.
- Wait for the page to load. It will automatically run an IP address lookup.
- Look at the box at the top of the page beneath “Your IP addresses”. If it shows “India”, you’re set. If it doesn’t, check with your VPN to resolve any IP leak errors.
Step 4 – Launch Ditto TV and Enjoy
With everything in place, you’re ready to start streaming! Ditto TV operates as both an on-demand website and a mobile app. Both work in about the same way, all you need to do is make sure your VPN is active with the right IP address, then kick back and enjoy.
- Make sure your VPN is online and connected to an Indian server.
- Either download the Ditto TV app on your Android or iOS device, or visit http://www.dittotv.com in your PC web browser.
- Log In using your subscription account details.
- Choose a stream and start watching your Indian movies and TV shows!
What to Watch on Ditto TV
Ditto TV is one of the biggest Indian live streaming services in the world. Once you have a good VPN installed, you can even watch it from outside India, making it so convenient you can’t help but watch all the shows it airs! Below is a quick overview of some of the best features of Ditto TV, all of which are available once you subscribe and use a VPN.
- Popular Hindi TV Shows – A daily dose of popular Hindi soaps from channels like Zee TV, including favorites such as Kumkum Bhagya, Kundali Bhagya, Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain, Zindagi ki Mehek, and Who Apna Sa. Episodes air live, so you can be the first to see them, even while outside of India!
- English TV Shows – Get live episodes of TV shows from the U.S. broadcast in English, including Supergirl, The Big Bang Theory, House of Cards, Gotham, and Two and a Half Men.
- Popular Regional TV Shows – Live access to favorites from India such as Chala Hawa Yeu Dya, Lagira Jhala Jee, and Majhya Navryachi Bayko. Includes a selection of both Marathi serials and Telugu serials.
- Bengali TV Shows – Live streams of Bengali serials, including Bhootu, Dweep Jwele Jai, and Chaddobeshi.
- Live Movie Channels – Get access to live streams of movies in Hindi, English, Marathi, Bengali, and other regional languages. Includes selections from Zee Cinema HD, Zee Studio, Zee Classic, Zee Talkies, Zee Anmol Cinema, and Zee Bangla Cinema.
- Live News Channels – Keep up with all the latest news from India and around the world, including programs like India Today, BBC World News, Aaj Tak, Zee News, WION, Raj News, Al Jazeera, and others, broadcast in both Hindi and English and always live.
- Kids Programs – Stream shows for kids directly from the Ditto TV service, including selections from Cartoon Network and POGO.
- Devotional Darshanas – Watch live darshanas from temples across India.
The popularity of Ditto TV is enormous. The unfortunate restriction of only being able to watch it in select areas hasn’t hampered the service’s success, either. With the right VPN you can watch Ditto TV from outside of India with just a few clicks of the mouse. Don’t let geo-restrictions put a crimp in your entertainment plans!
Are you an Indian expat living abroad? What are you most looking forward to watching again on Ditto TV? Tell us all about it below!