There are plenty of add-ons out there for watching the big TV shows everyone knows – dramas like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. But what about when you want to watch something short, fun, and not too serious? If you love reality TV, home and garden improvement shows, or cooking shows, then you might feel a bit left out by many of the TV streaming add-ons for Kodi, as lots of the main TV add-ons focus more on the big name shows. But there are alternatives for those of you who are looking for a different selection of more casual TV viewing content.
So today, we have something just for you! The USTVcatchup add-on gives you access to hours and hours of reality TV and other content from US channels like ABC and NBC as well as more niche channels like SundanceTV. This add-on is simple to install and incredibly easy to use, so you can be streaming to your heart’s content in no time. One of the great things about the USTVcatchup add-on is that all of the content is fully legal and from official sources. That means that the streams are fast, reliable, and of high quality. If you’re a fan of channels like HGTV, the Food Network, the DIY Network, or the Cooking Channel, then you can use this add-on to stream shows from these channels for free and in great quality. Also, if you’re looking for educational content, the Smithsonian Channel and SundanceTV have documentaries, lectures, and other shows on history, journalism, and more.
Even if you live outside the USA, you can still use the USTVcatchup add-on for free. Therefore, we can recommend this add-on to any Kodi user who wants to stream video episodes of shows from the channels we mentioned above. Read on for full step-by-step instructions on how to install the USTVcatch add-on for Kodi and how to use it to stream episodes of your favourite shows.
Why You Should Get A VPN When Using Kodi
Although both the Kodi software itself and the streams used by the USTVcatchup add-on are legal, you need to be careful when using add-ons. Some add-ons are created by third-party developers and allow streaming of copyrighted content or streaming outside of region restrictions, and therefore exist in a legal grey area. So you need to be careful when you’re using Kodi add-ons, as doing so over an unsecured internet connection could land you in legal trouble.
To avoid any legal problems when using Kodi, we recommend getting yourself a VPN. This is a small piece of software which encrypts the data that you send over the internet, so that no one – not even your ISP or a government agency – can see what you have been accessing or which websites you have been visiting. However, there are so many VPN providers out there that it can be hard to pick one if you don’t know much about VPNs. To help you with this, we’ve compiled a list of key criteria that we use when assessing VPN providers: fast connection speeds, support for several different operating systems, plenty of servers in many different countries and no logging.
We Recommend IPVanish
With these factors in mind, we recommend IPVanish for Kodi users. The IPVanish software is easy to use and supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android, and the company has a no-logging policy and offers fast connection speeds perfect for streaming. Over 850 servers in more than 60 countries mean you can always find a server when you need one. Finally, your data and activity will be fully obscured behind 256-bit AES encryption–the uncrackable industry standard.
If you want to try out IPVanish, we have a special offer which is exclusive to Addictive Tips readers! You can get a huge 60% discount on the yearly plan, which works out to only $4.87 per month. There’s even a 7-day money-back guarantee so you can buy in confidence.
How to Install the USTVcatchup Add-on for Kodi
Once you have a VPN in place and your Kodi is ready to have add-ons installed, just follow these instructions to add a new repository from which we can download and install the add-on.
Here’s how to install the USTVcatchup add-on
- Begin on your Kodi homepage
- Click on the settings icon, then go to File Manager
- Click on Add source
- Click on the box where it says <None>
- Enter in this URL: http://fusion.tvaddons.co/ Make sure to type it exactly as written, including the http://, or it won’t work
- Give the source a name. We’ll call it .fusion
- Click OK
- Go back to your home screen
- Click on Add-ons
- Click on the upper left corner icon that looks like an open box
- Click on Install from zip file
- Click on .fusion, then on kodi-repos, then on english, then on repository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip
- Wait for a moment and you’ll see a notification once the source has been installed
- Click on Install from repository
- Click on TVADDONS.CO Add-on Repository
- Click Video add-ons
- Click on USTVcatchup
- A screen will open describing the add-on. Select Install from the menu at the bottom
- Wait for a moment and you’ll see a notification once the add-on has been installed
How to Use the USTVcatchup Add-on for Kodi
Once the USTVcatchup add-on has been installed, we can start using it to watch content. Here’s how to use the USTVcatchup add-on:
- Start on your Kodi home screen
- Go to Add-ons
- Go to Video add-ons
- Click on USTVcatchup
- You’ll see the following options of channels you can watch:
- ABC, for tons of reality TV shows like Army Wives, comedies like Black-ish, and game shows like Family Feud
- Cooking Channel, for shows about food and cooking
- DIY Network, for shows about home improvements and crafting
- Food Network, for more shows about food and cooking, with an emphasis on reality TV
- Freeform, formerly ABC Family, for young adult shows like The Fosters, Greek, and Recovery Road
- HGTV, for shows about renovating your house and garden and reality shows about how to buy and sell houses
- NBC, for a wide range of shows including competitions like American Ninja Warrior and dramas like Blindspot
- PBS Kids, for educational children’s shows
- Smithsonian Channel, for educational adult content like documentaries
- SundanceTV, for independent films, short films, world cinema, and documentaries
- Travel Channel, from shows about travel and world geography
- Say you can’t get enough of Fixer Upper, Flea Market Flip, or other home and garden shows. Then you should click on HGTV and you’ll see a list of their programs. Select a show, such as Fixer Upper
- This will open a list of episodes of that show. Unfortunately, there aren’t air dates to tell you when each episode aired, but there are descriptions of the episode and a thumbnail in the box to the left. Click of the title of an episode to begin the stream
USTVcatchup is simple but very effective at what it does, which is to provide a streaming interface for a number of channels themed around education, food, home, and garden. The streams are all great quality and look fantastic, and the interface is easy to use and easy to navigate. For those all-day binges of HGTV that we all love now and then, we highly recommend the USTVcatchup add-on for Kodi.
If you have any problems installing or using the USTVcatchup add-on, then just let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help!