Zoom allows users to start an ad-hoc meeting and it has the option to schedule a meeting days, weeks, and even months in advance. For meetings that are recurring, the meeting room that’s created is kept until the meeting no longer needs to be held.
Invite someone to a Zoom meeting
Zoom is not like Microsoft Teams; it doesn’t restrict a user to a small subset of users who are part of the same organization. It allows users to openly invite anyone to a meeting.
1. Invite someone to a Zoom meeting – Meeting in progress
A user can be invited to a meeting any time i.e., before a meeting starts or after it has started. To invite a user to a meeting after it has started, follow these steps.
On Windows 10, macOS, and the web UI;
- Click the Participants button on the bottom bar.
- In the panel that opens, click the Invite button.
- Copy the meeting information and share it with a user.
To invite a user to a meeting on iOS or Android, follow these steps.
- Tap the Participants button at the bottom.
- On the next screen, tap the Invite button at the bottom left.
- Select a method to share the invitation/link to the meeting.
2. Invite someone to a Zoom meeting – Scheduled meeting
You can invite someone to a Zoom meeting that has been scheduled before the meeting starts. You can also invite users once the meeting has started by following the steps in the previous section.
To invite someone to a Zoom meeting that’s been scheduled but has not started yet from the web UI, follow these steps.
- Visit Zoom and select Meetings in the column on the left.
- Go to the Upcoming tab.
- Click the meeting you want to send an invite for.
- Click Copy Invitation.
- Share it with users you want to invite to a meeting.
To invite users to a scheduled Zoom meeting before it starts from the Windows 10 and macOS desktop apps, follow these steps.
- Open the app and go to Meetings at the top right.
- Click the meeting you want to invite users to.
- In the pane on the right, click Copy Invitation.
- Share the invitation with users.
To invite users to a scheduled Zoom meeting from iOS or Android, follow these steps.
- Open the Zoom app.
- Go to the Meetings tab.
- Select a meeting.
- Tap Add invitees.
- Select a method to share the meeting invitation.
A meeting invite can be sent at any point so long as the meeting hasn’t ended. If you make changes to the meeting e.g., the date and time, the same invitation will still be valid however, it’s a good idea to let everyone know the date/time has changed.