The system clock options can be configured during Windows installation, when the operating system automatically sets the date and time based on your time zone.
However, if you’re wondering how to change time in Windows 10 later, check out the easy instructions below. You don’t need to install any special third-party applications to make it happen. It’s even possible to add multiple clocks.
How to change time in Windows 10
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start button and go to Settings
- Select Time & Language
- Disable Set time automatically
- Next to Set the date and time manually, click Change. If the Change button is greyed out, it’s because you haven’t disabled automatic mode
- Specify the new date and time, then click Change to confirm. That’s it!
It’s also possible to change your time zone, sync your clock, toggle daylight saving time, and add more calendars from this section.
Another quick way to access the date and time settings is by right-clicking the clock in the system notifications area and selecting Adjust date/time. It’s also possible to customize the systray clock.
On the other hand, if you’re used to the Windows 7 layout, know that you can still change the time by using the traditional method from Control Panel.
How to change time from Control Panel
- Sign in to Windows 10 as the PC administrator
- Press Win key + R, type control panel, and press Enter
- Select Date and Time
- Click Change date and time
- Set the new date and time and click OK. You’re all set!
It’s also possible to change calendar settings, date and time formats, and other clock properties from this area. For example, you can set a custom date format.
How to change the time zone on Windows 10
If you’re wondering how to modify the time zone in Windows 10, here’s what you need to do:
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start button and select Settings
- Go to Time & Language
- Disable Set time zone automatically
- Click the menu under Time zone and pick a new time zone
- Enable or disable Adjust for daylight saving time automatically, depending on your preference. That’s it!
Scroll down to Related settings and click Add clocks for different time zones if you have friends and family spread across various parts of the world. It also helps if you frequently travel.
How to change the time zone from Control Panel
You can also pick a new time zone from Control Panel, but you won’t have quick access to the extra setting as in the previous solution.
- Press Win key + R, type control panel, and hit Enter
- Go to Date and Time
- Click Change time zone…
- Set the new time zone
- Enable or disable Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time
- Click OK. You’re all set!
You can easily set time and date on Windows 10
To recap, you don’t need to turn to third-party software applications in order to change the date and time settings on Windows 10.
You can do this easily from the system clock or Control Panel if you miss the old way. And it’s just as simple to pick a new time zone.