If you recently flashed or updated to the official Android 2.2 Froyo on your Dell Streak, then you might be facing some performance lag while operating the tablet. Folks over at XDA have come out with a lag fix for Android 2.2 Froyo on your Dell Streak tablet. The fix comes in form of a .zip update file that plants a custom Kernel along with a custom build.prop. The performance tweak is added in the post_boot.sh script for Android 2.2 Froyo on Dell Streak tablet. Currently, the fix is only applicable on 3.09 and 3.15 versions of Dell Streak with support for other model variations promised to come soon.
Here is the step by step guide on fixing lag on your Dell Streak after your update to Android 2.2 Froyo:
Please note that we haven’t tested this method our selves so we are unable to determine if this method will work on rooted Dell Streak tablets as well.
1. The first step is to download Update.zip fix file according to your Dell Streak model number. Please note that the files are not interchangeable and you can’t flash one model’s fix on the other.
2. Now install ClockWorkMod Recovery Image on your Streak by using fastboot method. Please follow the thread posted here for detailed instructions on installing the recovery image.
3. Once done, connect your tablet to the computer, mount SD card and copy the earlier downloaded update.zip file to SD card root.
4. Now boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery and flash the zip file by scrolling down to Apply Zip From SD Card.
5. Once the process is complete, reboot your device.
And there you go! your Streak is now lag free. Although this sounds to be a pretty painless lag fixing method, but some testers have reported losing their WI-Fi capability after deploying this hack. You can head on to the official XDA thread posted here for support and further information.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.